Some of the best hourly rates in the industry £30.00 to £35.00 p/h (c.£70,000 to £80,000 per anum)
Our client is an established business that provides servicing and breakdown repair work on all models of CNC machinery. With their engineers experienced in all control systems, all models of CNC machinery and covering both mechanical and electrical specialities, our client can offer a superior and complete service.
This is an opportunity to join our client’s dedicated team of service engineers.
The service engineer role is a self-employed position, you will be required to confirm that you can set yourself up as a self-employed individual either registered as a sole trader or limited company and responsible for your own accounting procedures. You will issue an invoice to our client, on a monthly basis and on completion of all work in accordance with the agreement. You will ensure that you have adequate public/product liability in place and provide a certificate to that effect. We can offer support to help you with the arrangements.
- Experience in working on CNC Metal Cutting Machine Tools (Lathes/Horizontal machining centres/Vertical machining centres).
- Ideally, you will have an electrical bias.
- A background as a service engineer for a machine tool company or CNC repair company.
- You must have experience working on machines with Fanuc/Siemens/Heidenhain CNC control systems.
- You will need to be able to identify faults with servo systems/motors/ballscrews/spindles/lubrication/Automatic tool changers and carry out associated realignments.
- Full driving licence, own vehicle and tools required (help with the purchase of tools available).
Training may be considered for a junior maintenance technician with some experience.
Salary & Other details:
Salary paid at an hourly rate of £30 to £35 per hour (annual salary circa £65,000 to £75,000)
- Guaranteed work for the first six months & ongoing
- Minimum 6 hours of work per day
- Work from home (Monday to Friday)
- Paid from when you leave your home to when you return
- 90% of work is based within the midlands
- Occasional overnight stays may be required (rarely)
- The company arranged social activities (Skydiving, Go Karting, Meals out etc.)
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Tim Wilkin at Ultimate Selection Recruitment.