Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of marking and engraving technologies. Their core markets are Automotive (tier 1 & 2 suppliers and manufacturers), system integrators, engineering, and manufacturing companies.
We are working with our client to recruit a Sales Engineer to manage the North of England, areas to be covered will include the North side of the midlands up to North Yorkshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing and managing an existing customer base, following up on new business leads, managing customer installations, customer demonstrations plus, ad-hoc service, and repair calls.
This role is not a ‘hard sell’ and will require a consultative ‘long-term’ sales approach, therefore strong negotiation and account management skills will be key.
Responsibilities of the Sales Engineer:
- Plan and execute the sales strategy
- Appointment Making
- Producing Sample Marking products for Customers
- Client Sales Meetings
- Equipment Demonstrations
- Pre- and post-sales customer support
- Customer Training
- On-site Installations
- Representation at Trade Fairs
- Regular reporting to management
- Act as an ambassador of the business
Essential Skills and Experience of the Sales Engineer:
- Experience in sales or service in an industrial environment
- Experience selling/servicing capital equipment
- A confident negotiator with strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- High levels of motivation and self-discipline
- Good level of administrative (back-office skills)
- The ability to pick up and work with new software packages quickly
- Very competitive basic salary
- Annual Bonus (paid monthly)
- Company Vehicle, Laptop and Phone
- Travel/accommodation/food Expense account
- Paid Holidays
- Pension, insurance etc.